Authors are invited to submit a 4-page extended abstract which will include introduction, material and methods, results and discussion, conclusions and references. To be accepted for the Conference, the submissions must report work that is novel, well described, and suited to the Conference themes. Submissions must contain original data and meet international ethical standards. Selection criteria include high technical quality, relevance to the conference themes, and significant information content. Abstracts that are deemed commercial in nature will not be accepted.
To submit your abstract please follow the steps outlined below:
- Abstracts must be submitted by
October 15th, 2017November 15th, 2017 (new deadline)
- Abstracts must follow the guidelines provided in the abstract template
- Abstracts will be accepted in English only
- Please name the file “HIC2018_Your surname” (e.g. HIC2018_Smith.pdf)
- Login or create an account to Easychair and upload your abstract
Abstracts will be reviewed and Authors will be notified of review results by
November 15th, 2017 December 15th, 2017.
Call for abstacts.pdf
Full paper submission
Authors which have received notification of the abstract acceptance are invited to submit a full paper of 8-pages maximum by including the responses to the review through the EasyChair submission system no later than March 1st, 2018.
All submitted papers should report original, previously unpublished research results, experimental or theoretical.
All manuscripts will be subjected to peer-review and are expected to meet the scientific criteria of significance and academic excellence.
The review process will be handled by a member of the Scientific Committee. Notification of reviews will start upon completion.
Afterwards, the authors will be invited to submit the final version of the paper by 1st May 2018.
The submitting author is responsible for ensuring that the paper’s publication has been approved by all the other co-authors and takes responsibility for the paper during submission and peer review. Papers should be submitted as a *.docx or *.doc file. We strongly recommend typing your paper over the template to ensure that all contributions have the same style in the final publication.
To submit your paper please follow the steps below:
1. Full paper must be submitted by March 1st, 2018
2. Papers must follow the guidelines provided in the paper template
3. Please name the file by using the Easychair submission ID number, “ID_Your surname” (e.g. 201_Smith.docx or 201_Smith.doc)
4. Login to Easychair and upload your full paper
5. After the full paper will be peer-reviewed, please upload the final version by May 1st, 2018
All presented papers will be published on line in the EPiC Series in Engineering with individual DOI. All papers will be indexed depending on their areas, for example Engineering Village (Compendex), Microsoft Academic Search and PubMed. Scopus indexing was asked by the Conference Organising Committee and it is under evaluation. The copyright of each EPiC article is owned by its authors.
Around 40% of the submitted full papers will be selected by the Scientific Committee and Authors will be asked (just after the conference) to extend/modify them (50% minimum) and submit to ISI journals. Agreements are in place with:
- Journal of Hydroinformatics
- Water Science and Technology
- Water Science and Technology: Water Supply
- Water Practice and Technology
Other Journals will be post once the Agreement will be official.
Moreover, the Best Student Paper Awards will be planned to encourage and acknowledge excellence in student paper presentations. Details are available click here
Call for papers.pdf
Guide for presenters
All accepted papers will be orally presented according to the conference programme.
Two types of oral presentation are possible:
- Platform presentations: the presenter will have 15 minutes to describe the research and 5 minutes will be given to the audience for comments and questions. Chairs will take care of governing the session, soliciting the discussion and the strict respect of the schedule
- Short presentations: the presenter will be given 5 minutes to describe the main findings of the research and have to prepare a poster that will be used for discussion. No questions will be possible after the presentation but the presenter will be asked to stand in front of the poster just after the oral presentation to answer to possible questions and comments
Templates for both oral presentations and posters are provided and available for download.
Please note that the template for the oral presentation is in the standard format (4:3). The template for the poster is in A0 format (vertical).
We propose to use a opensource font (“Lato”) that is present in the last versions of openoffice and powerpoint. We added it to the template folders in case you will not find it on your computer.
Please hand over your presentation file to the responsible person at the slide room, at least by 11:00 am. For the first sessions in the morning the presentation should be handed over the day before.
The presenters are asked to show up to the session Chair at least 15 minutes before the session starts.
At the conference venue, video projectors will be available and assistance and material for mounting the posters will be provided.